You’ve got to try this delicious superfood vitamix smoothie recipe that tastes just like banana bread! Full of brain nourishing, taste bud exciting, and tummy filling ingredients, this superfood smoothie will hit the spot when you’re craving banana bread!
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 Tbs. Ancient Chocolate superfood blend
- 1 Tbs. Ancient Delight superfood blend
- 1 whole, frozen banana
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 medjool dates, or 4 deglit noor dates
- 2 cups of ice
- can substitute any milk (cashew, coconut, dairy, soy, etc.)
Add the almond milk first, then the superfood blend(s). Hold the container in one hand, and grab the male gear at the bottom of the container (connected to the blade assembly) and gently rotate it back and forth a bit to mix the superfood blend into the milk. Let it sit for a bit for the flax and chia seeds to get a chance to begin absorbing moisture.
Add the dates, frozen banana (break into 3-4 pieces), the walnuts, and the ice. If you have a Standard model start at Variable Speed #1, quickly move the dial to 10 (in less than 5 seconds), then flip the switch to High. If you have a Standard Programs, OR either of the Next Generation* models, start at Variable Speed #1, then move the dial quickly (in less than 5 seconds) up to Variable Speed #10 (High in a Standard model = Variable #10 in the other models).
Blend on high until the smoothie is the texture you like.
- add cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- add a very, very small pinch of sea salt (no more than 1/8 tsp.)
- use frozen milk cubes instead of ice (will increase calories)
- use water instead of ice and a room temperature banana then blend until steaming for a delicious hot beverage
This recipe includes the Ancient Chocolate and/or the Ancient Delight superfood blends from My Nutrition Advisor. I’ve become a big fan of the “My Nutrition Advisor” Superfood Blends, and here is why:
– certified organic
– non-GMO verified
– 100% vegan
– gluten-free tested and verified
– blended and packaged in the USA
– a blend of the most effective superfoods in one convenient package
– tasty flavors for variety (berry, chocolate, coffee, greens)
Lets face it, there are a lot of different superfoods, and it can take precious time and effort to find organic, non-GMO, vegan and soy-free products. My Nutrition Advisor has done this work for you, and they combine the most effective superfoods in tasty blends so you don’t have to shop for, buy, store, and pull out 5-6 different packages every time you want to add superfoods to your smoothies!
Ingredients in Ancient Delight:
Ingredients in Ancient Chocolate:
By Lea Ann Savage – Copyright 2015
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLENDER LADY BLOG…
(to be notified when there is a new post)